Plumpton Rocks (which are also sometimes called Plompton Rocks) are a series of naturally weathered sandstone rocks at the southern end of Nidderdale near the village of Follifoot.
Pleasantly situated at the side of an artificial lake in landscaped gardens, the rocks were painted by J.M.W. Turner sometime around 1798.
The Yorkshire Dales - Home Page
The Yorkshire Dales website is designed, maintained and promoted by Eagle Intermedia Publishing Ltd.